City of London
£50,000 to £65,000
10 months ago
Edward Mann are recruiting on behalf of a leading Multi-Asset Broker based in the City. Our client is recruiting for a Treasury Manager to join their London Finance Team.
Reporting to the CFO, this role takes management responsibility for a team of two Treasury Analysts whilst also working closely with other members of the UK Finance Team as well as with the Group Treasurer and members of the senior finance team based in the US.
Day-to-day operational responsibilities include management of the team including cash management operations, management of the Firm’s FX exposures, bank counterparties and related reporting, forecasting and treasury systems.
The role will also offer the opportunity to support key Treasury initiatives and contribute to the further development of the Firm’s Treasury function and would suit someone stepping up to their first management role.
This position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity for career development and progression within an international group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ownership of treasury/payment policies, procedures and controls.
- Maintain and build relationships with clearing and settlement banks.
- Manage the long and short-term liquidity of the Group including focused working capital management.
- Manage and control FX and interest rate exposures, implement any necessary hedging strategy and associated accounting under UK and international accounting standards.
- Manage and control the forecasting, budgeting and accounting of monthly interest income and charges
- Maintain summaries of banking tariffs and ensure payments are made cost efficiently
- Maintain records of all bank and dealing mandates and update when necessary
- Administer all bank and payment related systems both on-line and offline
- Manage the Payments Team, setting objectives for the team in line with company values and vision and ensure the smooth running of the payments and reconciliation processes undertaken by the team
- Manage the Accounts Payable process
- Be responsible for continuous process improvements and efficiencies within the treasury function, participating in wider central finance team projects and activities
- Supervision of client money reconciliations and policies under FCA rules
- Surplus funds investment including money market deposits and funds.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of treasury related KPIs, cash flow and liquidity forecasts.
- Support / advise overseas business units with regard to Treasury and banking issues.
- Hold or be working towards an accounting qualification and/or a treasury qualification.
- Proven experience in a corporate treasury environment.
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of risk.
- Detailed understanding of UK banking and payments processes.
- Project management skills.
- Very good systems ability and understanding (systems used include Sun Financials plus propriety bank software for payments and margins).
- Experience of international cash and FX exposure management and products.
- Strong analytical skills and financial / treasury systems literate.
- Experience in the Financial Sector and Client Money rules
- Proficient in all MS applications
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Problem solver
- Ability to cope under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing support to colleagues
- Proactive approach to task management and self-development.
For more information, please apply ASAP!
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply