almost 2 years ago
Edward Mann are recruting on behalf of our client in the Financial Services industry.
Areas of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the accuracy of the company’s underlying books and records including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable & fixed assets register
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including
- Completion of month end processes in line with group reporting timetable and policies
- Writing the management accounts commentary, explaining the key items within the financial statements and significant variance to budget; month end workings file to provide a robust audit trail to support the accounts
- Preparation of the month end workings file to provide a robust audit trail to support the accounts
- Mentoring Junior Management Accountants and Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts payable – supervision of AP clerk in the posting of invoices & ensuring payments are made on a timely basis and in line with company policy
- Accounts receivable - liaising with deal teams to ensure all relevant invoices are raised and booked, monitoring receipt of funds & reporting on outstanding debts
- Input towards the preparation of annual budget and monthly forecasts process
- Preparation of UK VAT returns and liaison with tax advisors for German, Australian & Spanish VAT returns
- Assist in the preparation of UK, German & Australian statutory financial statements & tax computations
- Providing pro-active input into maintaining and improving the financial control environment across all group companies
- Liaison with other key contacts including deal teams, staff in other offices / territories, banks, auditors, tax advisors & suppliers
- Assisting with other ad-hoc tasks eg provision of financial support to the deal teams, ad-hoc financial analysis to support decision making.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Excellent academic record - graduate with at least a 2:1 preferably in a relevant degree subject (accounting, finance, economics or similar etc.)
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in the preparation of management accounts
- IT literate with the ability to manage data and reporting via Excel accounting systems (Intermediate / advanced Excel essential, Sage 1000 experience an advantage)
- Organised and motivated, self-starter with the ability to take responsibility for all day-to-day & monthly tasks associated with maintaining primary ledgers and the preparation of management accounts
- Excellent communicator that can inspire confidence & is able to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels; finance team, directors, other staff, external suppliers etc..
- A focus on achieving deadlines by working efficiently, being flexible, and willing to work longer hours as and when required
- Proven records of identifying internal control weaknesses and external compliance issues and establish procedures to ensure they are effectively managed.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.