Edward Mann is currently working with a leading international business who are looking for a Management Accountant to join their growing Shared Service Centre in Birmingham.
The focus of this role will be taking ownership of the payroll accounting, with responsibility for all accounting processing related to the payroll costs, ensuring they are identified and reported accordingly at month-end.
You will also be heavily involved in improving processes and continually driving any automation that can be made to increase efficiency at the SSC.
- Prepare and post month end payroll journals inc. accruals & prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Analytical reviews of payroll costs inc. variances, budget analysis, run rate, year-on-year etc.
- Provide accurate payroll reports inc. commentary
- Produce monthly payroll review packs
- Continually look to improve efficiency of month end close process
- Sox compliance
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA or equivalent, qualified or part-qualified, candidates not studying will also be considered
- Shared Service Centre experience is an advantage but not essential
- Experience dealing with payroll journals
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.