South East London
over 1 year ago
Edward Mann are currently working with a business that operate in the Education sector, based in South East London. Our client is looking for a Management Accountant to join their team.
This position will be a key part of the Finance team and will report directly into the Financial Controller. Our client offers Study Support towards a relevant Accountancy qualification.
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS AND REPORTING
- Full preparation of monthly management accounts for the commercial activities
- Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assistance with preparation of board papers as required.
- Preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations including detailed reporting of trips.
STATUTORY ACCOUNTS, RETURNS AND AUDIT
- Assist with statutory statements including preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with liaison with external auditors and internal stakeholders.
- Assist with preparation of statutory returns (VAT etc) including reconciliation with HMRC.
- Assist with budget preparation including liaison with stakeholders.
- Assist with implementation and production of regular financial information to Heads of department and other internal School stakeholders (at least termly).
- Assist with preparation of in year forecasts based on year to date activity.
- Billing of commercial income for events and venue hire at the School.
- Actively partake in team meetings, contributing to the continued development of the finance processes and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Director of Finance and the Financial Controller.
- Part-Qualified or Finalist (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), candidates who are not studying or are qualified by experience will also be considered
- Good level of Excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, SumIf formulas etc.)