£30,000 - £35,000
almost 2 years ago
Edward Mann are recruiting for a fast-expanding shipping company based in Knightsbridge, London. The company is seeking a new Assistant Accountant to join their team due to continued expansion.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a young, dynamic and fast-growing company, operating in a purely international environment. The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to, assisting Management Accounts in the maintenance of a fleet of vessel-owning companies, or as applicable.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain the ledgers up to trial balance and assist Management Accountants in the preparation of reporting packs and financials for quarterly and yearly reporting to management, investor and banks. Monthly reporting will be required eventually
- Help Management Accountants with drafting of year-end financial statements and liaise with group and company auditors for timely sign off
- Dealing with the commercial and technical managers for integrity of reports, queries, cash remittances, cost overruns, raising of invoices and other follow ups
- Cash management (including payments) and liaising with the bank(s) for account maintenance;
- Assist management accountants with daily operations
- Perform office administrative duties with good interpersonal skills
- Strong Double-Entry experience - important
- Strong Trial Balance experience - important
- Good Excel skills
For more information please apply ASAP.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.